This position has been filled, but if you think that you might be a future Ebbwaterite, then please send your resume and cover email to email@example.com, and we’ll keep it on file. We thank you for your interest and application, but will only respond if you are selected for interview.
Ebbwater Consulting is a small, specialised, passionate firm that works hard to mitigate flood and natural hazard risk in communities all across Canada. We aren’t your traditional engineering firm – we pride ourselves on being able to work across disciplines, at pushing boundaries, and generally trying to do things a little bit better and a little bit different than everyone else.
We are a small, but growing, company – this brings opportunity and challenges; the whole team works on multiple projects and tasks on any given day. We need staff who like working in a multi-disciplinary environment and who enjoy being challenged to do new things each and every day. We also need staff who relate and buy-in to the Ebbwater approach to projects and business more generally. We walk the talk of risk mitigation and climate adaptation, and need you to as well.
We are looking for a junior staff person to join our team in Vancouver and support the company on a variety of projects. We expect you to have:
- a degree in engineering/geography/data science or related field (masters degree, civil engineering preferred)
- 1-4 years work experience, ideally in consulting
- research skills and tools up your sleeve to discover leading edge ideas
- GIS smarts, ideally in a QGIS environment, with the ability to conduct basic analyses, and to write code (Python) to figure out more complex problems
- web skills would also be an asset, especially if you can build and manage online-mapping tools
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English. French would also be an asset
- the ability to talk to people, not just engineers, and not just those you like
- eligibility to work in Canada
About the Job
This position will be based at our downtown Vancouver office, where you will be supported by a small team of engineers and scientists to grow and develop your skills. We offer pay at going rates as well as many tangible and intangible benefits associated with a small, innovative and feisty company.
At this time we are looking for the right person, and are flexible with regards to employment status – we will consider candidates for both part-time (16+ hours a week) and full-time commitments. We are looking for someone who can start work immediately, but will also consider deferring the start date for the right person.
We know we have a big wish list…but we also know that you are out there! If you are interested – please send your resume and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest and application, but will only respond if you are selected for interview. Please do not call the office for more information.